April 30, 2013

Changes

"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. 
Don't resist them  -that only creates sorrow.
Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like"
~Lao Tzu


Late last year, I was thinking of doing something that will bring a major change in my life. I hate changes. But if there's one thing I learned in life,  that is to embrace the changes. It wasn't easy and it didn't just occur to me overnight. I put much thought to it. Finally, after months of contemplating I came to a final decision. After 12 years, 4 months and 3 days, I AM GOING HOME.  I can't say for good, but for the time being.

Early this month, I filed my resignation letter. It wasn't easy too, thinking about the friends I'll left behind, the place I learned to love, the lifestyle I embraced and everything this place has to offer, not to mention my 5 years of stay in this company. But with all their heart, they granted my request, with warm wishes for my success in my new endeavors in life, knowing that I am answering the call of my vocation. The profession, I think I was really called for. 

This was also the reason why I wasn't able to join some events. I was busy with my requirements, travelling for 5 hours going back and forth but couldn't divulge the reason to everyone unless I was taken in. 

And so after all the exhaustion, I'll be back to teaching in a science high school where I graduated. When I filed my resignation, we're all teary eyed. But we're over it now. My friends and I were so excited about what the coming months and years has in store for me. I already have seminars and training lined up for the coming school year.

Leaving the city maybe bittersweet, but it's a decision made for the best. And I wouldn't want to say "goodbye" but rather "see you soon".

29 comments:

  1. Good luck on your chosen path :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww really sis! *hugs* Kudos to you kc you follow what you really want to do. Great things will come your way. Kaya pala nakita ko yung packed bags mu sa fb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sa support sis :) I miss you and twin sis. I hope to see you soon, baka sa vacation.

      Delete
  3. I believe God will put blessings on your future endeavor. "God's will is our deepest desire", ika nga nila. I am happy that you are following what your heart desires :) Walang halong ka-echosan. Hehe...

    At sabi nga ni Francis Kong "The world may change but there will always be two things that are constant. One is change and the other one of course is Christ. The Bible tells us, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and forever.”

    God is faithful :) See you when I see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I put extra thoughts about this decision and right at this point in time, masasabi ko na I have made the right decision. This is my commitment to God. That I will be His missionary by touching the lives of my students.

      Maraming salamat sa prayers and sana continue praying for me, that I may serve as God's instrument in reaching out to the youth.

      See you when I see you :)

      Delete
  4. Wishing you the best, Sey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, seeyyy! :) resigning from your work for years isn't easy. i should know. i admire you for the courage to leave what has been your comfort zone in exchange of something still uncertain. i know you'll do good. *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Apple. I miss your stories, they give light to my dull days.

      Delete
  6. I hated change too but I came to learn that changes makes us better, maybe not yet now but in time. In God's will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true. In God's will everything will be possible

      Delete
  7. First of all its good that you already update us with whats going on with you.

    second, leaving the people you used to be with everyday is really difficult but as what they always say, follow your heart.

    Its nice to know that you are now one of those people wo will guide the new generation. hope to see them in your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon, you will see them! Thanks for the support Rix

      Delete
  8. It was indeed a tough decision to make! I'm not much a risk-taker myself, so somehow changes scare me.. But good luck to your new career.. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow good luck sa pag tuturo. I am also thinking to go back om my teaching career. ait. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post more inspiring stories soon for you :)

      Delete
  10. good luck with the decision. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate changes as well. And I learned as well that change is of paramount importance, for our betterment. Nobody wants to be stuck in a limbo so might as well embrace them.

    Good luck, teacher.:)

    Hi Sey, I hope you still remember me! I'm back to blogging. My lastest:http://solipsisticdrivel.blogspot.com/2013/05/letter-to-opposite-sex_2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Of course I still remember you. I am so glad you are back and I'll be back soon when everything is settled,.

      Delete
  12. As you said changes are part of life we cant avoid it. New beginnings are also a way to expand your horizon. God bless in your new endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade. Congratulations nga pala sa graduation

      Delete
  13. Awesome!! your post made me smile!! Best of Luck!! Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sey, good luck on your new adventure. I admire your courage. It's not always easy to choose the other path and leave the ones we built for years..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I envy you and Gnetch. I knew she went for a vacation in your place. I am hoping to visit you soon.

      Delete
  15. Wishing you great success with your new role. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and for leaving your comments. I really appreciate it. Feel free to visit again when you have the time.